Thursday, November 17, 2016

Is It Christmas Yet?

Depends on who you ask.

Already, radio stations everywhere are playing music about snow and Rudolph and even some are Heralding Christ's birth in Bethlehem. Stores are throwing garlands in their window displays. I've ordered the Peppermint Mocha twice in a row at McDonald's (not a sponsor yet).

Am I missing something here? Did we skip a holiday? Or is Thanksgiving not a thing anymore?

Don't get me wrong, I often find myself in the "Need a little Christmas right this very minute" mood. And that mood is increasing as the weeks go on and the season feels more winter-like. Walking through Old Town today, I was kicking through huge piles of leaves of all sorts of different colors! It was fun! Then, the gardener chased me away with a rake. Also, did you know the thermometer plunged down to 71 degrees today!! Jingle Bells, Jingle All the Way!

But I sure could go for some turkey and gravy and I think we need to take a moment and show thanks to God that 2016, despite all its problems, still finds us, for the most part, intact. We should declare a holiday of thanks right before Christmas and the new year. Oh wait, we have.

Allow me to help you counteract all the premature Christmas cheer with some well timed Thanksgiving music! Below is your new playlist:

I'll Say Thanks
Food On the Table
Thank You Lord
Simple Life
Turkey in the Straw (C'mon, you knew this one was coming.)
Fork in the Road (Okay, I included this one because the second verse says "frost on the pumpkin" and pumpkins are Thanksgiving-y)

Hopefully that gets you started in the right direction!
Merry Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment